This innovative programme with an excellent bespoke design, one of only a handful in the North of England, offers students the opportunity to combine modules from across the aviation, travel and tourism sectors, with the chance to top-up to a relevant BA (Hons) with a further year of full-time study.
Attendance: Full time
Duration: Two years
Starting date: September 2018
What will you do?
Year one modules – Level 4:
- Aviation Sector Operations
- Introduction to Strategic Marketing in Aviation & Tourism
- Technology in Aviation & Tourism
- Managing Human Resources
- Analysing Financial Performance
- Personal & Professional Development
Year two modules – Level 5:
- Aviation Sector Management
- Aviation & Tourism Service Sector Management
- Tourism Destination Development
- Global Business Operations in Aviation & Tourism
- Work Related Research Project
- *Modules offered may vary.
How will I learn?
Lectures and seminars are delivered by industry specialist staff that all have current and direct experience from across all the disciplines of the travel, tourism and aviation sectors. The programme enables the acquisition of appropriate background knowledge and development of broader academic skills, with an emphasis on a balance of the theoretical requirements and aspects of the sectors and how they can be developed in practical sector settings.
The support from a range of employers particularly with guest lecturers from leaders in their field from airlines, airports, visitor attractions, hoteliers, travel agents and tour operators have proven invaluable to students being able to apply theory to industry practice and have given students a thirst for further knowledge and raised aspirations.
How am I assessed?
Both in-course and end assessments including reports, essays, projects, case studies, examination, individual or group presentation, group activity and a personal development portfolio.
Most recently alumni students and those still studying the programme have secured employment both locally and nationally with leading sector organisations such as Jet2, Easyjet, British Airways, Swissport, Securitas, Durham Tees Valley Airport, Newcastle International Airport, Gatwick Airport and Tui in a range of roles from cabin crew through to retail travel agents. You may also wish to further your studies and progress to Top-up Award or other appropriate top up programmes with a further year of study
Typical entry requirements:
- English and Mathematics at Level 2
- CV’s/references/CPD Records/APL/AEPL will be assessed for none traditional applicants who may have subject specific or related qualifications (that may not carry points on the UCAS tariff.)
Delivered in partnership with Teesside University