IT, Software, Web and Telecoms Apprenticeship
IT, Software, Web and Telecoms Apprenticeships or Advanced Apprenticeships give the technical, business and interpersonal skills needed for a career as an IT, software, web or telecoms professional in a wide range of job roles.
As a level 2 apprentice, duties may include:
• Setting up new equipment or upgrading systems
• Editing and uploading material to websites.
• Monitoring content
• Working with customers to identify, troubleshoot and escalate IT faults
• Travelling to customer sites to install, connect, maintain, test and repair equipment and services
• Designing and planning installation of IT and Telecoms networks.
As a level 3 apprentice, duties may include:
• Installing and troubleshooting desktop PCs
• Maintaining and securing an organisation’s databases
• Maintaining company networks, including servers, software and security
• Creating software applications and websites
• Customer Care in ICT
The way that apprenticeships are delivered is changing. Some apprenticeships now include an end-point assessment which includes:
• A multiple choice short answer test
• An observation of practice which is undertaken in the workplace
• A learning journal to reflect on the last 3 months of your apprenticeship
• A presentation
You will be supported throughout the process by your assessor.
You will be allocated a course tutor/assessor to provide guided learning and support with assignments. You will be observed in the workplace by your allocated assessor.
Apprenticeships require a good level of English, maths and/or ICT. Our initial assessment and your GCSE results will help inform us of your ability and what support we can offer to get you to the level required.
If you do not hold the relevant GCSEs you will need to complete the Functional Skills qualifications as part of your apprenticeship.
You must be:
- at least 16
- a UK resident
- in employment. We can help with this
To undertake a level 3 apprenticeship, you need a level 2 qualification or to have experience in a relevant field.
Level 2: 12 months
Level 3: 18 months