• Candidates must be qualified to minimum Level 3 in the area they are assessing.
• They must either be a member of an existing accredited assessment team or able to join such a team.
• They must be mentored by a qualified assessor and supported and monitored by an internal quality assurance team.
This qualification is designed for those who currently assess both occupational competence in the work environment and vocational skills, knowledge and understanding in a workshop, classroom or other training environment.
What will I learn
• Understanding the Principles and Practices of Assessment
• Assess Occupational Competence in the Work Environment
• Assess Vocational Skills, knowledge and Understanding
How will I learn
The qualification will be delivered through a series of workshops to cover the requirements of Unit 1 and following these individual tutorial sessions will be used. The tutorial sessions will be used to assess the learner’s competence as an assessor in their workplace and will involve direct observation by the assessor. Candidates will be required to demonstrate knowledge and competence of planning and conducting assessment sessions and making decisions using a variety of assessment methods.
Candidates successfully completing the qualification can – if professional circumstances permit - progress to achieve the following Quality Assurance qualifications:
• Level 4 Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice.
• Level 4 Certificate in Leading the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice.