Candidates must be qualified to minimum Level 3 in the area they are assessing. They must either be a member of an existing accredited assessment team or able to join such a team, be mentored by a qualified assessor and supported and monitored by an internal quality assurance team.
A good level of English is required. (Desirable to be qualified to level 2)
This qualification is designed for those who currently assess both occupational competence in the work environment and vocational skills, knowledge and understanding in a workshop, classroom or other training environment.
What will I learn
• Understanding the Principles and Practices of Assessment
• Assess Occupational Competence in the Work Environment
• Assess Vocational Skills, knowledge and Understanding
How will I learn
Taught sessions, independent study, tutorials, workshop sessions, observations of assessment practice, research and assignments, self-assessment, IQA witness testimony.
Candidates successfully completing the qualification can – if professional circumstances and experience permit - progress to achieve the following Quality Assurance qualifications:
• Level 4 Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice.
• Level 4 Certificate in Leading the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice.
Cost: Fee may apply depending on individual circumstance. Please contact our admissions team to discuss fees and any related funding options.