• Candidates need to be qualified to a minimum level 3 in their area of competence in which they are wishing to teach/train.
• A good level of English is also required (desirable to be qualified at Level 2 or above).
The Level 3 Award in Education and Training is an introductory teaching qualification, which prepares learners for teaching or training in a wide range of contexts. The qualification is suitable for individuals who wish to teach in the Further Education and Skills Sector (16+) and also those who wish to train within a work-based or vocational area of competence. This qualification forms a foundation for those with little or no previous experience of teaching or training.
What will I learn
Within the programme you will be studying the following unit;
• Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in Education and Training
• Understanding and using inclusive teaching and learning approaches in
Education and Training
• Understanding assessment in Education and Training
How will I learn
Learning will take place through interactive sessions, small group discussions, microteaching, guest lectures and the VLE. Learners are encouraged to read educational texts to support learning.
It provides progression to the Level 4 Certificate in Education & Training.