773 views

Oxford University is the next step for SRC Bede Sixth Form student Lewis after achieving a trio of A grades on A level results day.

The 18-year-old from Norton knows what to expect after being selected to take part in the prestigious university’s summer school last year.

Attending lectures taught by leading international researchers and conducting laboratory work, gave him an insight into life as a Material Science student at Oxford.

Now he will get to experience it for real, having picked up straight A results in A level Maths, Chemistry and Physics.

Looking back at summer school he said: “Each day we would get up and everyone goes for breakfast in these grand dining halls, then you will have lectures as well as revision and study to do in your own time.

“It does involve quite a lot of studying but you also get the chance to relax and have a laugh.”

Given the green light that he is now off to study at Oxford for real, he said: “I was buzzing when I found out I had got my place.”

Though he does describe the opportunity as “quite surreal”.

“I am really excited now, though I think I would have been even if I had missed out on Oxford. I’m excited to be going on to do what I love. The fact that I got Oxford as well just makes it extra special.”
Lewis-Sutton-727x1024.jpg
Share On: