Tees Valley Logistics Academy
The Tees Valley Logistics Academy has been created to service the demands of the industry by working in close partnership with employers to identify the needs of the sector, offer bespoke training opportunities and help raise awareness among all ages.
Set up in collaboration with Stockton Riverside College, the Academy recognises that logistics is the very lifeblood of the Tees Valley’s industrial landscape; that is why it is so important, by working alongside industry employers and experts, we are able to offer a service that responds to real demands.
Our aim is to help tackle the skills shortage in the industry, focusing on six key strands of area development. These are:
- School engagement – raising young people’s awareness of the industry and the many opportunities that exist within it.
- Career Ready – This initiative offers 16-18 learners the opportunity to experience the logistics sector whilst continuing their studies. The learners engage directly with employers through site visits, mentoring and work placements.
- Pre-employment and skills – providing a range of entry points for those looking to start their career in the industry, including training through sector-based work academies.
- Apprenticeships – offering opportunities for both new and existing staff.
- Commercial training – providing bespoke training within the workplace that meets the needs of the individual business and its workforce.
- Higher education – developing higher level skills, again for new and current staff, encouraging employers to recognise and cultivate talent and raise aspirations within the industry.
Related News – view all
A new group name marks the culmination of an exciting first year for merged college group
Results are in and the future is looking bright for a Tees Valley college group celebrating one year since merger. Increased student numbers, outstanding achievements...Read more
Free Business Seminar
New event series hosted by Stockton Riverside College bringing together education and industry. In partnership with the Department for International Trade, North East Chamber of...Read more
Launch of a North East shipping school to create a talent pool for “invisible industry”
Business leaders are working together to raise awareness of an often overlooked global industry anchored in the roots of the Tees Valley. The Institute of...Read more