Tees Valley Logistics Academy
The Tees Valley Logistics Academy has been created to service the demands of the industry by working in close partnership with employers to identify the needs of the sector, offer bespoke training opportunities and help raise awareness among all ages.
Set up in collaboration with Stockton Riverside College, the Academy recognises that logistics is the very lifeblood of the Tees Valley’s industrial landscape; that is why it is so important, by working alongside industry employers and experts, we are able to offer a service that responds to real demands.
Our aim is to help tackle the skills shortage in the industry, focusing on six key strands of area development. These are:
- School engagement – raising young people’s awareness of the industry and the many opportunities that exist within it.
- Career Ready – This initiative offers 16-18 learners the opportunity to experience the logistics sector whilst continuing their studies. The learners engage directly with employers through site visits, mentoring and work placements.
- Pre-employment and skills – providing a range of entry points for those looking to start their career in the industry, including training through sector-based work academies.
- Apprenticeships – offering opportunities for both new and existing staff.
- Commercial training – providing bespoke training within the workplace that meets the needs of the individual business and its workforce.
- Higher education – developing higher level skills, again for new and current staff, encouraging employers to recognise and cultivate talent and raise aspirations within the industry.
Related News – view all
News Shout: Spring Edition
Welcome to the latest edition of New Shout, a collaborative magazine from Stockton Riverside College, Bede Sixth Form College, NETA Training and The Skills Academy....Read more
Driving future careers
Two Tees Valley organisations have joined forces to drive demand for future careers in logistics. The High Tide Foundation and Tees Valley Logistics Academy are...Read more
A new group name marks the culmination of an exciting first year for merged college group
Results are in and the future is looking bright for a Tees Valley college group celebrating one year since merger. Increased student numbers, outstanding achievements...Read more