This is the most popular first aid qualification. The Emergency First Aid at Work qualification is the choice of many employers to ensure they are meeting the requirements of the Health and Safety (first aid) Regulations. The training is useful for those who do not hold first aid certificates and wish to learn the simple techniques for saving lives and/or administering first aid.
What will I learn
• Priorities in an emergency – what to treat/refer
• Causes of asphyxia, resuscitation and recovery position
• Wounds and bleeding
• Causes/treatment of unconsciousness
• Fractures of upper/lower limbs and spine
• Burns and scalds, poisons
• Recognition of major/minor illness, eye injuries
• To be able to carry out an effective resuscitation technique
• To be aware of treatment for major/minor injuries
• To be able to select the correct treatment for burns, scalds and poisons
• To be aware of HSE requirements re: reporting of accidents and contents of first aid boxes
• To be able to assess/deal with injuries to bones, joints and muscles
How will I learn
WHAT DAYS AND TIMES DOES THE COURSE RUN?
This is a 1-day course, 9:00 – 16:00
WHAT DATES DOES THE COURSE RUN?
11 February 2020
21 April 2020
16 June 2020