• You must have completed the Level 3 Award in Education and Training or equivalent.
• Candidates should be qualified to at least level 3 in the subject they intend to teach and can guarantee a minimum of 30 teaching practice hours in the Further Education & Skills Sector (16+) either voluntary or paid.
• A good level of Maths & English is also required (Qualified at Level 2 or above to support further progression).
This qualification is suitable for individuals who want a qualification that focuses on practical teaching and delivery skills. Learners may already be teaching and wish to have their experience and practice accredited, or not presently teaching but can guarantee meeting the minimum teaching practice requirement of 30 hours. This course is aimed at individuals who deliver within the Further Education and Skills Sector (16+) Progression from Level 3 Award in Education & Training.
What will I learn
• Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training
• Delivering education and training
• Using resources for education and training
• Assessing learners in education and training
• Planning to meet the needs of learners in education and training
• Equality and Diversity
• Specialist delivery techniques and activities
How will I learn
Taught sessions, group work, independent study, reflective learning journal, observations, tutorials, workshop sessions, teaching practice, mentor guidance, research and assignments.
PGCE/Certificate in Education (L5) must meet Teesside University entry criteria.