Warehousing & Storage Apprenticeships
Looking for a career in the logistics industry? This apprenticeship may be the perfect first step to your dream career.
As a Warehousing apprentice you will ensure the efficient, effective, safe storage and movement of goods throughout the UK. Warehouse operatives may work alone or as part of a team.
As a level 2 apprentice, duties may include:
• Loading and unloading vehicles
• Selecting and packing customer orders
• Ensuring goods are ready for dispatch on time
• Making sure tasks are undertaken in line with the organisation’s and customers’ requirements
In addition to normal warehouse operation activities, duties for a level 3 apprentice may include:
• Leading a team
• Overseeing the correct selection and packing of customer orders
• Ensuring your team meet deadlines for timely dispatch of goods
The way that apprenticeships are delivered is changing. Some apprenticeships now include an end-point assessment which includes:
• A multiple choice short answer test
• An observation of practice which is undertaken in the workplace
• A learning journal to reflect on the last 3 months of your apprenticeship
• A presentation
You will be supported throughout the process by your assessor.
You will be allocated a course tutor/assessor to provide guided learning and support with assignments. You will be observed in the workplace by your allocated assessor.
Apprenticeships require a good level of English, maths and/or ICT. Our initial assessment and your GCSE results will help inform us of your ability and what support we can offer to get you to the level required.
If you do not hold the relevant GCSEs you will need to complete the Functional Skills qualifications as part of your apprenticeship.
You must be:
- at least 16
- a UK resident
- in employment. We can help with this
To undertake a level 3 apprenticeship, you need a level 2 qualification or to have experience in a relevant field.
Level 2: 12 months
Level 3: 18 months