Performing Manufacturing Operations
This level 2 apprenticeship will give you the skills and knowledge needed to carry out a range of manufacturing processes at semi-skilled and operator level. You may work in the following sectors: electrical, electronic, automotive, aviation, metal goods and marine.
As a level 2 apprentice, duties may include:
• Setting and operating machines during production
• Planning and setting up the sequence of operations according to drawings, lay-outs and other instructions
• Ensuring machines and equipment are well-maintained
• Inspecting sub-assemblies or finished products for faults before the next phase of production or delivery to the customer
• Assembling products using jigs and tools
Apprenticeships require a good level of English, maths and/or ICT. Our initial assessment and your GCSE results will help inform us of your ability and what support we can offer to get you to the level required.
If you do not hold the relevant GCSEs you will need to complete the Functional Skills qualifications as part of your apprenticeship.
You must be:
- at least 16
- a UK resident
- in employment. We can help with this
To undertake a level 3 apprenticeship, you need a level 2 qualification or to have experience in a relevant field.