Nutrition and Health (Level 2)
This qualification aims to raise awareness of:
- increase understanding of the principles of healthy eating and the role of food in maintaining health
- increase confidence in planning and achieving a healthy diet
- provide an understanding of how an individual’s dietary requirements change throughout their life
Attendance: Distance Learning
Start date: September 2018
Duration: 12 weeks
What will you do?
This qualification is designed for learners looking to develop an understanding of food labeling and the ability to use information from food labels
- provide information on eating disorders
- increase understanding of the role of a healthy diet for weight management.
How will you learn?
Module text books will be provided with all learning materials included for your directed study.
How are you assessed?
Assessment involves work booklets which are completed as distance learning and submitted to the college.
There are no specific prior qualifications needed to access this qualification. This qualification is designed for a wide range of learners with some existing knowledge of this area who are interested in improving their understanding of nutrition and healthy eating.
What do you need to know?
There are no formal entry requirements as all learning materials are provided.
This qualification is awarded by Cache.
Upon completion of the course, students can apply for other distance learning programmes, use as APL for QCF qualifications where appropriate and use their newly acquired knowledge in practice.
How much does the course cost?
Fully funded if you are a 19+ Learner.
Additional costs (registration)
£120 withdraw or non-completion fee applies if you do not complete your course.
3 Reasons to join us
- Relevant subject areas to develop your knowledge in a range of career areas.
- Distance learning allows for flexibility and the ability to gain accredited qualifications.
- Supportive tutors and excellent learning materials to support your studies.
Destinations and Progress
Progress onto a wide range of distance learning courses available within the college to expand your learning or continual professional development.
Level 2 courses can also be useful as providing evidence for previous learning as you may wish to progress onto a Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care if you are in a relevant employment setting.
Possible combination subjects
Study one distance learning course at a time or alongside a longer programme of study to enhance your learning and skills further.