Customer Service Apprenticeships
Are you looking for a customer-facing career? A Customer Service apprenticeship will provide you with the skills needed to work in a customer facing role in a variety of sectors including retail, hospitality, call centres and many more.
As a level 2 apprentice, duties may include:
- Communicating with customers
- Building customer relationships
- Resolving problems
- Promoting products and/or services
- Keeping records
- Getting customer feedback
- Working in a team
As a level 3 apprentice, duties may include:
- Handle customer complaints
- Communicate with customers both verbally and in writing
- Analysing customer feedback
- Leading a team
- Promoting products
You will be allocated a course tutor/assessor to provide guided learning and support with assignments. You will be observed in the workplace by your allocated assessor.
The way that apprenticeships are delivered is changing. Some apprenticeships now include an end-point assessment which includes:
• A multiple choice short answer test
• An observation of practice which is undertaken in the workplace
• A learning journal to reflect on the last 3 months of your apprenticeship
• A presentation
You will be supported throughout the process by your assessor.
Apprenticeships require a good level of English, maths and/or ICT. Our initial assessment and your GCSE results will help inform us of your ability and what support we can offer to get you to the level required.
If you do not hold the relevant GCSEs you will need to complete the Functional Skills qualifications as part of your apprenticeship.
You must be:
- at least 16
- a UK resident
- in employment. We can help with this
To undertake a level 3 apprenticeship, you need a level 2 qualification or to have experience in a relevant field.
Level 2: 12 months
Level 3: typically 15 months