Cleaning and Environmental Support Services
Suitable in a range of settings including schools, factories, offices and shopping centres, Cleaning and Environmental Support Services Apprenticeships provide apprentices with the skills needed to carry out cleaning services. You will cover a range of topics including communication and health and safety.
As a level 2 apprentice, duties may include:
• Cleaning specialist machinery
• Carrying out minor repairs and general maintenance
• Maintaining and protecting window glass and frames
• Removing dirt and waste from paths, grass verges, parks, roads and pavements either by hand or by using machinery
• Cleaning upholstery and carpets
As a level 3 apprentice, duties may include:
• Supervising staff
• Controlling resources
• Ensuring the smooth running of day-to-day operations
• Training other members of staff
You will be allocated a course tutor/assessor to provide guided learning and support with assignments. You will be observed in the workplace by your allocated assessor.
Apprenticeships require a good level of English, maths and/or ICT. Our initial assessment and your GCSE results will help inform us of your ability and what support we can offer to get you to the level required.
If you do not hold the relevant GCSEs you will need to complete the Functional Skills qualifications as part of your apprenticeship.
You must be:
- at least 16
- a UK resident
- in employment. We can help with this
To undertake a level 3 apprenticeship, you need a level 2 qualification or to have experience in a relevant field.
Level 2: 12 months
Level 3: 18 months