Fees and Funding
Paying Your Course Fee
Further Education Courses
If you are in receipt of one of the benefits listed below, there may be no course fee to pay:
- Jobseekers Allowance (JSA)
- Employment Support Allowance (ESA) in the Work Related Activity Group only.
Courses may also be free if you are in receipt of one of the benefits listed below provided you are unemployed and looking to gain skills which will help you enter the workforce:
- Income Support
- Housing Benefit
- Council Tax Benefit (not single person’s discount)
- Working Tax Credit (but not in employment)
(Evidence of your benefit will be required at the time of enrolment)
There are also full course fee discounts available based on the level of qualification held for these groups:
- Level 2 Entitlement 19 – 23 year old learners studying for their first full level 2 qualification
- Level 3 Entitlement 19 – 23 year old learners studying for their first level 3 qualification
To qualify for this fee discount you must not already hold the following qualifications:
Level 2 Entitlement
- 5 GCSEs grade A* to C, 5 ‘O’ level passes, 5 GCSE Grade 1
- 2 AS levels or more, 1 A level or more
- NVQ 2, 3 or 4
- Access course
- First degree/Higher degree
- Edexel/BTEC 1st Diploma or higher
- City & Guilds Craft part 2
- Intermediate GNVQ or higher
Level 3 Entitlement
- NVQs at level 3
- One or more A levels
- OCR National Diplomas and Extended National Diplomas
- Access to HE certificate
- One or more A level double awards
- International Baccalaureate
Madeleine Mary Walker Foundation
How can the Madeleine Mary Walker Foundation help you?
The Foundation has limited funds to support people with their education, for instance with the purchase of books, equipment or tools, such as musical instruments, as well as providing help with tuition fees and travel costs.
To apply for support please write to:
1 Levington Wynd
or Email email@example.com
Please include as much information as possible about the course you will be studying, and the cost of materials/equipment you are hoping to purchase to help you complete your course, supplying evidence of costs where possible.
Find out more about the Madeline Mary Walker Foundation by clicking here.