Apprenticeships require a good level of English and maths. Our initial assessment and your GCSE results will help inform us of your ability and what support we can offer to get you to the level required.
If you do not hold the relevant GCSEs you will need to complete the Functional Skills qualifications as part of your apprenticeship.
The role of an adult care worker is to lead frontline care for vulnerable adults within their own homes, day care centres, residential and nursing home settings. You will allow the adults you work with to achieve their personal goals and live as independently and safely as possible, by providing care and support.
What will I learn
During this apprenticeship you will learn more about:
• Creating an How to contribute towards the creation, monitoring and reviewing of care plans
• What the ‘Duty of Care’ is in practice
• Relevant statutory standards and codes of practice
• How to identify, respond to and escalate changes to physical, social and emotional needs of individuals.
• Assisting with eating
• Monitoring health
• Supporting with social activities
On completion of this apprenticeship you may progress onto the level 3 Lead Adult Worker apprenticeship or work in a range of roles including Care Officer, Senior Care Worker, Supervising Care Worker.