Georgia brush with success after university offer

Posted: 02-03-2020 - 63 view(s)

Former Skills Academy student Georgia has secured a place at one of the best universities in the country for Special Effects Modelmaking.

Georgia, 20, joined us from Skills Academy where she studied Creative Arts & Media to study for her Level 3 in Art & Design Extended Diploma. Now, she has a conditional offer from her first-choice, Bolton University to study Special Effects for Modelmaking.

“It feels amazing,” says Georgia. “When I first started at the Skills Academy I never dreamt I would have four offers from universities, including one of the best for my course in the country.”

With Georgia already securing the majority of the 120 UCAS points she needs to secure her place,

Despite having already secured the majority of the UCAS points she needed to secure her place at Bolton, Georgia is getting distracted yet and is continuing to produce high-quality work for her portfolio.

Georgia with her stunning model house.

“The tutors here really helped me build my portfolio and get ready for moving on to university. I feel like I’ve been able to develop not only with my work but as a person too.”

If you’re considering studying Art & Design or are at the Skills Academy and want some advice on how to get to a position like that of Georgia’s, she has some excellent advice.

“If you’ve found mainstream school difficult or not for you, then studying with the Skills Academy and then moving on to Stockton Riverside College is an excellent decision.

“The Art & Design course has been amazing and has helped me aim high.”

If you want to study Art & Design like Georgia, then you can find out more and even apply HERE.