Prince’s Trust Blog – Week 8

Posted: 29-11-2019 - 59 view(s)

Following on from last week, our team took the skills they learnt from the mock interviews and took them to their two-week work placements.

With some members of the team helping in departments around college, others helped in shops and even dog walking companies!

With a passion for medicine but also the military, team member Richmond took a placement at the Military Preparation College in Norton. Following in the footsteps of team leader Nav, Richmond enjoyed the physical aspect of his placement, as he took part in drills and fitness tests. He also found the academic side of his placement really useful as he would eventually aspire to become an army based medic.

Richmond, said: “I really enjoyed the placement, it has really helped me decide on my plans for the future.”

Throughout the week, we also caught up with Sarah as she worked with various tutors within the college, primarily helping within our LDD department.

Sarah, said: “As we have been working within the college already I felt really comfortable with my surroundings. I really enjoyed assisting the tutors and I really felt like I was making a difference.”

It was great to see how our students had grown in confidence since the first time we met them. With many feeling like they were unsure of their future and what to do next, it was lovely to see how each member now seemed a bit more clear about their potential career paths.