Prince’s Trust Blog – Week Three

Posted: 23-10-2019 - 79 view(s)

Week three of the Prince’s Trust twelve-week programme saw our group pack their bags and head off on their residential retreat to Ninebanks in Northumberland.

Partnered with True North, we joined the group as they overcame their fears and took part in activities such as canoeing, rock climbing, learning basic survival skills and most importantly toasting marshmallows!

Despite some members of the group enjoying some of the activities more than others, the social aspect and team building exercises had clearly made a huge impact on morale and everybody was laughing, enjoying themselves and supporting each other.

With little to no signal in their location, some members of the group admitted it was refreshing to get away from technology, focus on spending time with their group, and get to know everybody a lot better.

Enjoying the outdoor activities, they were also tasked with preparing food, washing up and cleaning up, but it wasn’t so bad as they were chores that led certain members to feel a lot more independent and confident.

Speaking with member Sarah at the end of the week, she said: “I would definitely recommend the residential to anybody, the team building activities helped me get to know everybody a lot better and we all had such a good time. It helped me feel a lot more independent and I achieved a lot of things I didn’t know I was capable of.”

It was clear to see that the week was not only action packed and full of fun activities; it also helped the group bond as a team and taught them how to support each other no matter what the scenario.

Join us next week to see how these new teambuilding skills aid the group in their pitch for community project funds.