Danielle 35, a stay at home mum, from Norton, was"/> Danielle 35, a stay at home mum, from Norton, was"> Danielle 35, a stay at home mum, from Norton, was">

910 views

Danielle 35, a stay at home mum, from Norton, was left devastated following the death of her sister, from Sepsis in July last year.

Having previously lacked the confidence to go for her dream career, Danielle finally plucked up the courage to go back to college, signing up to an Access to Higher Education course at Stockton Riverside College.

Danielle said: “I have always had a passion for nursing but I never had the confidence to do anything about it. 

“When my sister was diagnosed with sepsis, myself and my family spent a lot of time in the hospital and it was there that I realised that I could make a difference,”

With the aspiration of joining the trauma department at James Cook University Hospital, Danielle felt that studying the Access to Higher Education Health course at Stockton Riverside College gave her the skills she needed to pursue her ambition.

Danielle’s lecturer at Stockton Riverside College, Marie Andrews, said: “Danielle was fully committed to the course from day one and despite her personal grief, her enthusiasm to learn was inspirational. I am confident that she will succeed and have a promising future within nursing.”

Danielle is now going on to study adult nursing at Teesside University.

DSC_1025-300x201.jpg
Share On: