Prince’s Trust inspires Ryan’s journey to success

Posted: 13-09-2019 - 17 view(s)

Choosing the Prince’s Trust proved the right move for Ryan after landing a dream apprenticeship with Stockton Riverside College.

Ryan, 19, from Hartlepool, was put forward for the Prince’s Trust Middlesbrough 12 Week Programme by his uncle and believes that without the boost in confidence he gained from the course he would not be where he is today.

During the programme, Ryan completed his work placement at Stockton Riverside College, making such an impression that he landed a Business Admin Apprenticeship role with the IT department.

Despite joining the course a week in, Ryan was able to bond with his team mates very quickly and particularly enjoyed the residential trip to Lake Windermere.

Ryan, said: “Despite joining the course a bit later than everybody else I had no problem making friends and it was from this that my confidence really started to grow. I had spent two years struggling to find employment and this caused me to relocate several times. The Prince’s Trust really improved my self-esteem and without the course I would not have landed the apprenticeship that I have now.

“For anybody who is struggling with confidence or unsure of what they want to do, I couldn’t recommend the Prince’s Trust enough, the 12 week course is so beneficial when looking for employment and I wish it could have been a lot longer!”

Martin Copley, Prince’s Trust Middlesbrough Team Leader, said: “We always knew that with a boost of confidence Ryan would achieve success. We are very proud of all that he has accomplished and to receive a job offer is fantastic.

“I am over the moon to see Ryan finally settled and enjoying his new career.”