1131 views

It has been a summer of celebration at Stockton Riverside College!

As enrolment gets underway for new starters joining us this September, we have been catching up with some of our current and completing students to share a little inspiration.

Libby - Health & Social Care

Libby, 17, a former Our Lady and St Bede Catholic Academy student, is on track for success after picking up a grade B in Level 3 Health & Social Care.

Hoping to go on to university, when asked about her time with us, she said: “It's been great and I would recommend the College.”

Ellie - Working with Children in Early Years and Primary Settings

Ellie, a former Our Lady and St Bede Catholic Academy student, is delighted to have successfully completed her Level 2 in Working with Children in Early Years and Primary Settings at the College.

Picking up a Distinction she is now planning to progress to the level 3 course. The 18-year-old said: “I am very, very happy."

Of her time at the College and the course, she said: “It was really good.”

Alex - Health & Social Care

The future is looking bright for former All Saints Academy Student, Alex. She is celebrating success after picking up an A* in Level 3 Health and Social Care. With ambitions to work in the NHS, the 17-year-old said: “I am happy with my results. I really enjoyed my course and the staff were  helpful.”

Sana - Business and GCSE Maths

All the hard work has paid off for Sana, a former student of St Patrick's Catholic College. The 19-year-old has received a well deserved A* in Business and a grade 5 in her GCSE Maths this summer.

She said: “I tried AS Levels and hated them, then tried an apprenticeship and that wasn’t for me either, so I chose business and maths to ensure I could go onto studying accountancy, which is what I wanted to do, so it was definitely the best choice for me.”

She added: “I am so happy with my grade and have to thank the amazing teachers because they were very supportive throughout my time at Stockton Riverside College. They really do deserve an award for all the encouragement they provided.” Sana will be heading off to Northumbria University to pursue her career as an accountant.

Sally - Supporting Teaching and Learning and GCSE Maths

It has been double success for Sally, 43, who has achieved her Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning and GCSE Maths grade 4 at Stockton Riverside College.

Returning to College to pick up additional qualifications, she said: “I am so happy. I have made some amazing new friends and the course gave me the confidence boost I needed to get out and talk to people. The course was so enjoyable and the teachers were absolutely great.”

The work placement, which is a key part of the course, also paid off for Sally, who received a job offer and will be starting work in September.

Abbie - Working with Children in Early Years and Primary Settings

Abbie is thrilled with her Distinction in the Level 2 Certificate in Working with Children in Early Years and Primary Settings.

The 17-year-old said: “The course was amazing and the placement was perfect."

Coming back next year to continue onto the Level 3 Diploma in Childcare and Education, she said: "I would definitely recommend this course to others, the childcare department was fantastic. The teachers were so helpful and gave me all the support I needed."

Jessica - Health and Social Care

Aspiring psychologist, Jessica, is well on the way to achieving her ambitions after choosing to study Health and Social Care at the College.

Picking up an A* this summer, the 17-year-old has her sights set on studying psychology at Teesside University next year.

Of the course so far, she said: “I absolutely love the teachers, they are all very supportive of me and the course has been easy going and steady.”

Ekta - Supporting Teaching and Learning and GCSE Maths

Picking up a Level 3 Supporting Teaching and Learning Certificate and a fantastic grade 8 in her GCSE maths all added up to success for Ekta.

The 46-year-old has always wanted to brush up on her maths skills and said: “My son is an expert in maths and he has always encouraged me to learn. He would test me at home to make sure I knew the answers.”

Keen to make her son proud, she said at times it was difficult to juggle the demands of home life and her education but she wanted to prove to herself that she could do it.

She said: “The staff at Stockton Riverside College and the course tutors were amazing and very supportive; they were always there to encourage me to do well and I could always depend on them.”

Ekta now plans to go on to obtain a PGCE with maths specialism so she can pursue her dream career as a maths teacher in a college.

You could be next! We are enrolling now, so secure your place today.
Libby-Chapman-use-914x1024.jpg Ellie-Langridge-use-833x1024.jpg Alex-James-768x1024.jpg Sana-Chaudhary-768x1024.jpg Sally-Reed-2-768x1024.jpg Abbie-Wakefield-768x1024.jpg Jessicca-Mico-2-768x1024.jpg Ekta-Sinha-1-768x1024.jpg
Share On: