1006 views

It really is proving a summer of success for budding young artist Joe.

From showing and selling his first piece of work from an exhibition in London to collecting his A level results today, the 18-year-old certainly has plenty to smile about.

Achieving a B in Art, a B in Photography and C in Biology has secured him a place to study Graphic Design and Illustration at Teesside University.

“It’s certainly a bit of a weight off my shoulders,” said Joe who admits that he was feeling a few nerves last night.

The results mark the culmination of an exciting few weeks for Joe.

As previously reported two pieces of his work were selected to be shown at the Sixth Form Colleges Association (SFCA) National Arts Exhibition at the Alexandra Palace.

The aim of the three day exhibition was to recognise and advance arts in education.

The Alexandra Palace set the theme of Cloudland, encouraging students to explore the ways in which art, science and technology came together in the exploits and experiments of early pioneers of aeronautics, and how it is still relevant today.

“It was unbelievable. I really didn’t expect my work to be chosen,” said Joe.

To then have a representative from the SFCA choose to buy his artwork was beyond all his expectations.

He described selling a piece of his work as “a nice feeling”, though he added: “I’m still getting my head around it.”

Well done Joe!
Joe-Henry-2-1024x684.jpg IMG_1487-683x1024.jpg
Share On: