1178 views

We celebrated the end of another fantastic year at Bede Sixth Form with our fifth annual Sport and Public Services Awards.

Finishing off the academic year in style, students, staff, family and friends all turned out to join in the celebrations and show their support.

Taking place at the Billingham Synthonia Social Club, awards were handed out for things like a good attitude to learning, high attendance, academic performance and contribution to wider college life, marking the end of months of hard work and dedication.

Jack, 19, of Norton was presented with the Level 1 and Level 2 Sports Student of the Year award. When asked how it felt to win the award, he said: “Great! I’m surprised but really happy. The course is exactly as I hoped it would be. The teaching is outstanding.” Moving on to start the Level 2 course in September, Jack has ambitions of working in the sport and leisure industry.

Liam, 18, was presented with Level 3 Year 2 Sports Student of the Year. The former St Patrick’s student said: “It’s overwhelming! I was not expecting it – it was definitely a moment of shock.”

Speaking of the course, he said: “It’s been great, I’ve loved every minute. I couldn’t have asked for a better course, people or staff. I can’t pinpoint one particular aspect, it’s all been outstanding and I’ve felt really supported.” For his next step, Liam is planning to go to Sheffield Hallam University to study sports development and coaching. “I can’t wait – I’m going to be training to do something I enjoy.”

Abigail, 18, a former student of Acklam Grange School, was presented with Best Second Year Student in Public Services. She said: “This is a nice surprise! I have worked hard and am happy with what I’ve achieved, but to win the award is even better.”

Heading off to do some travelling now that she’s finished her studies, Abigail said: “It’s been lovely studying at Bede, I’m sad to be leaving. Through everything you do on the course you build such a strong bond with everyone, growing as a family and learning amazing skills. It’s been a real step towards my future.”

This year the awards were handed out by our special guest, Jason Ainsley, first team manager of Spennymoor Town FC.

Jason said: “We’ve enjoyed a successful partnership with Bede Sixth Form for the past year – the College have done a lot for the club and it’s great to support this event.”

“The night has been a great success and it’s clear that Bede is a very united College. The amount of support in the room is fantastic – there’s real recognition from the students for each other’s achievements and it’s great to see learners rewarded for their success.”

Phil Cummins, Head of Sport and Public Services, said: “This year’s awards was one of the best so far with over 120 staff and students attending. It’s been another fantastic year celebrating outstanding student performance, both academic and ability – well done to all of our award winners.”

We wish all of our learners the very best in their next steps!

(If you would like to enquire about other photos taken during the awards, please get in touch with our Marketing Officer: livia.douse@stockton.ac.uk) 

IMG_1063-edit-1024x854.jpg IMG_1056-edit-683x1024.jpg IMG_0998-edit.jpg IMG_1011-edit.jpg IMG_1014-edit.jpg IMG_1027-edit.jpg IMG_1057-edit.jpg IMG_1083-edit.jpg IMG_1102-edit.jpg IMG_1130-edit.jpg IMG_1147-edit.jpg IMG_1160-edit.jpg IMG_1182-edit.jpg IMG_1214-edit.jpg IMG_1224-edit.jpg IMG_1249-edit.jpg IMG_1251-edit.jpg IMG_1283-edit.jpg IMG_1294-edit.jpg IMG_1329-edit.jpg IMG_1337-edit.jpg
Share On: