810 views

Support for SRC Bede students doesn’t end once they’ve finished their studies here.

Bede alumna, Kylie, has been visiting regularly to meet with history teacher, Tamara. As part of her university course at Teesside University, Kylie has been tasked with using her own knowledge and experience to put together a study pack to support students with their learning, compiling things like top tips and tricks.

The pack she’s created covers aspects like the best structure for answering questions and analysing sources of information, covering the period of 1918-1979. Tamara said: “Kylie has produced a fantastic workbook for our current A Level students which will help them with preparations for the exams. We are proud of the progress she has continued to make since leaving Bede.”

Kylie said: “I had initially looked at studying elsewhere, but I chose the history course at Teesside University as it doesn’t just cover history content. It also includes modules that look at careers for historians and the world of work, offering additional support and a helpful glimpse into possible career paths. They also go over some CV-writing skills.”

The former Our Lady and St Bede student explained that while she was at SRC Bede she was surprised that she enjoyed modern history as much as she did: “When I started at Bede I was more interested in classics and ancient history, but I enjoyed it so much that I chose a university course that features a lot of modern history.”

Kylie also said that a lot of the skills they were taught in class have helped her out at university, in particular the group work looking at essay structures and learning how to be more self-sufficient.

“I really enjoyed my time at SRC Bede. The only thing I would change would be to put more work in and make even more of my time here!”

Are you interested in studying at Bede Sixth Form? Click here to read more about all of our courses
59653181_2185315298249789_1991021202042257408_n-e1557307518241-715x1024.jpg
Share On: