It’s double the success for Cert HE Social Care students

Posted: 11-04-2019 - 111 view(s)

Two of our Cert HE Social Care students are celebrating success after being offered places at university.

Karen, from Thornaby, wanted to get back into education after putting family first and has now been offered a place at Teesside University for Operational Department Practice. She said: “I haven’t been in education for 22 years so it was hard to begin with but now I’ve got my head round it, it’s really good. It has been a major change and difference.”

The 38-year-old decided that Stockton Riverside College was the college for her because we offer the course part time. She said: “The

Karen & Emma

college was the closest to home and I can still work alongside studying because it is part time. As well as that, it is a lot cheaper.”

Onto our second success, Emma, who has been offered places at Northumbria University and Teesside University for Midwifery.

The 36-year-old from Thornaby has loved her time here at the college, she said: “I did access last year and I have done maths here so I already knew the college. I have met new people and it is a challenge.”

She continued: “The support has been great as well, I couldn’t have done it without tutors, Sue and Richard.”