643 views

After being made redundant and taking a 10 year break from work to look after her children, Sharon decided she would take the leap and come back to college.

Sharon’s main aim was to become a pastoral learning manager in a school after studying Level 2 Supporting Teaching and Learning, Functional Skills Maths and Level 2 Business Administration at the college, but her focus changed once she started the Level 3 Business Administration. The 48-year-old decided that she would focus more on the admin side which landed her a promotion at her current place of work. She said: “I realised there were a lot of different opportunities, and now I’ve got a new job as a Business Coordinator where I work at Wood Group.”

The Business Admin student said she wouldn’t change a thing about her journey at the college because of all of the help and support she has received: “I’ve done a few courses here and the atmosphere has been really friendly and the college has a lot to offer, as well as the results being really good.”

She continued: “The tutor, Jamie, has been amazing as well, he would put you at ease and take the time out to help you one on one if you needed it. He gave you the confidence to keep going.”

Sharon’s decision to come back and study wasn’t an easy one after being out of education for a long time, but once she started she realised how worth it, it was: “I got to a point where I thought I need to do this, I need to go back and study. Everyone’s in the same position and helps each other out, I’ve made some really good friends. Age shouldn’t stop you either, I’m so glad I did it.”

If you would like to study one of our Business Administration courses, you can enrol now by coming down to the college, or take a look at the courses we have on offer below:

https://www.stockton.ac.uk/courses/business/
Sharon-Business-Admin-225x300.jpg
Share On: