640 views

Don’t miss your chance to make your voice heard and take the time to vote for your Stockton Riverside College Student Association President.

This year we have three candidates in the running and all are keen to do their bit to help make student life the best it can be for all at the college.

The vote will take place from 12 noon to 1pm on Wednesday and Thursday (Oct 11th and 12th) in the Infinity Restaurant.

Tutors can also book for in class voting – to book contact Emily Hewitson from Student Services.

Want to know more about your candidates? We caught up with them for a chat.

Joseph Nolan

Josh Clarke

Sohail Saddique

Name: Joseph Nolan

Studying: Film and TV

Why do you think you would be a good Student Association President?

“I am confident in myself but don’t take myself too seriously, which I think is important.

“I’m pretty good at listening and I’m quite persistent so I think that would help when it comes to getting changes made.”

Why have you chosen to run for the role?

“Part of the reason I chose to run for the president is because I thought it would be good to do something for the college.

“I also thought it would be fun and that it would look good especially when it comes to things like applying for university.

“Also my friend is making a documentary following the campaign.”

If successful what will you do?

“I would love to hear what other people would like to change and hopefully use my voice to help make it happen.”

Name: Josh Clarke

Studying: Performing Arts Acting

“It is something I am passionate about and I know my own ground. I don’t sugar-coat anything and I try to be as truthful as I possibly can be with people.

“With experience of being vice president last year I have developed strong links with staff in the college and I am able to negotiate.”

“I have always liked the idea of being able to implement positive change to benefit all those around. The students deserve a voice. And for me, it is all about valuing what the students have to say.”

If successful what will you do?

“Last year was about getting the foundations of the Student Association in place. This year I want to build on that and push to get more people actively involved. The more people that are involved the more we are likely to achieve.

“It is important to understand that as president the students are your priority, you have to be ready to listen and be proactive with the ideas that are raised.”

Name: Sohail Saddique

Studying: Health and Social Care

“I want to hear what people have to say and if I was to become Student Association President I want people to know that they can come and talk to me about anything.

“It is about making a difference for others and for those who may not feel able to speak up themselves.”

“I know that I can make a difference.

“It is something that I have previously done at school and so it is something that I would like to do again at college.

“It’s great to be able to be a voice for the students, to make a difference and, of course, it looks good on your CV and to future employers.”

If successful what will you do?

“I would like to give other students the chance to put their voices forward and be heard. I would also like to carry out more charity events, raising funds for good causes such as Cancer Research UK and be able to make a difference that way.”
DSC07408-683x1024.jpg DSC07412-683x1024.jpg DSC07473-683x1024.jpg
Share On: