That’s a wrap! English & film studies student Laura is off to university

Posted: 17-08-2017 - 229 view(s)

That’s a wrap! English & Film Study Student Laura is off to UniversityIt’s been a fantastic morning for SRC Bede student Laura Watson, who just found out she’s got the results she needed to study English Lit and Film Studies at her first choice York St John University.

Walking away with a B in English Lit, a B in classical civilisation, and a C in maths, Laura was of course delighted with her grades.

She told us: “I already had an unconditional offer from York so I wasn’t too nervous this morning, but finding out I’ve got the grades I need to get into university is a great feeling.”

Laura told us she still isn’t quite sure what it is she’d like to do when she graduates in three years, but her chosen subjects are the ones she is most passionate about and what make her happy.

She said: “I’ve always loved English and reading so the course is perfect for me. I’m excited to see where it will take me.”

For Laura, the best thing about SRC Bede has been the positive and friendly atmosphere of the college; she loves that it’s such a friendly community where everyone is supportive and the tutors never give up on you no matter how hard it might get. Well done, Laura!