Gavin’s bright new start

Posted: 04-05-2017 - 1,164 view(s)

Choosing to study Electrical Installations at Stockton Riverside College sparked a new career for Gavin Morley.

Gavin’s bright new start

Now he is not only running his own business, G. Morley Electrical Services, but Gavin has also been able to offer work experience and apprenticeship opportunities to other students at the college.

“Having been through it myself I know how important getting hands-on experience is,” he said. “I found myself in a position where I was able to help others.”

Gavin admits switching from being a complaints manager in a bank to being an electrician was a big career change.

However, enjoying a job where every day is different, along with offering him the chance to become his own boss, he said it certainly proved the right move for him.

“It has taken a lot of hard work,” said Gavin who went on to pick up a range of electrical qualifications at the college before launching his own business in 2014.

Today he continues to study at the college, keen to keep his skills bang up to date and constantly expand on his knowledge.

Offering a range of domestic and light commercial electrical services, Gavin said: “It’s not a nine to five job but I love it.”

Want to know more about our Electrical Installation courses? Visit www.stockton.ac.uk/courses/electrical-installations/ we are still taking applications for courses starting in September.