444 views

Our National Apprenticeship Week celebrations continue today with more stories from some of our own apprentices.

Showing the diversity of the apprenticeships opportunities available, today we are catching up with Graphic Design apprentice Alice Pink and Motor Vehicle apprentice Josh Ainsley.

Alice Pink

A design for life

Alice Pink is designing her future career after securing a Graphic Design apprenticeship at Stockton Riverside College.

“It seemed the perfect opportunity to get an insight into what the job was like and it has given me so much more,” said the 18-year-old from Middlesbrough. “It has boosted my confidence and given me lots of work experience.”

While admitting it can be scary taking that first step into a new workplace, Alice said: “It gives you a lot more of the skills that employers are looking for.”

Josh is motoring ahead

Choosing Motor Vehicle Studies at Stockton Riverside College has helped put Josh Ainsley on the road to his future career. The course gave the 18-year-old from Stockton the skills to be able to secure an apprenticeship with Norton MOT testing and car repair centre Autoscan. Now hoping to go on to become a fully qualified mechanic Josh says: “I was the first from my group to get an apprenticeship. I was invited to an induction day, at the end of the trial they asked me to start on the Monday.” Delighted to be able to earn while he learns, he says: “It feels like I’m doing well and really progressing. An apprenticeship gives you lots of experience.”

Open evening - tonight!

Want to know more about what apprenticeship could do for you? Come along to our Apprenticeship Open Evening tonight (Wednesday 16th March) from 5.30pm to 7.30pm at Stockton Riverside College’s Teesdale campus, Harvard Avenue, Stockton.

The event offers you the chance to find out how apprenticeships work, explore some of the vacancies on offer, meet employers and get advice on how to maximise your chances of success.

Employers wanting to know more can also join an information session from 4.30pm to 5.30pm at the College where the team of Business Development Co-ordinators can provide all the information you need to employ an apprentice.

Book your place www.eventbrite.co.uk or simply come along.

Want to know more? Visit www.stockton.ac.uk/courses/apprenticeships/ or if you are an employer go to https://www.stockton.ac.uk/for-business/apprenticeships/ or alternatively give our team a call on 01642 865 577.
Alice-Pink-1024x440.jpg DSC03337-683x1024.jpg
Share On: